Everyone is digitising today - but why does it so rarely work?
Digitalisation has revolutionised the way businesses operate. In a world driven by technology and data, it is essential for companies to face the challenges of digital transformation in order to remain competitive.
For almost 2 decades, the big term digitalisation has also been blowing through Germany. Everyone wants to do it because, as we all know, it brings many advantages and promises greater efficiency. Politicians, too, of course, do not regularly forget to point out the importance of a digital strategy – but often you hear an unspoken “but really this time” here, too.
Apart from the large companies and a few innovative newcomers, however, digitisation in Germany today still has to be given a rather poor report card. Not only does a look at public authorities and offices quickly reveal that not only have the goals not been achieved, but in many cases they have been planned and implemented in the completely wrong direction. DE Mail, GAIA-X or the well-known StudiVZ are just a few of the best-known names that stand for the completely wrong course in German digital strategy. In the search for causes and reasons, studies allegedly find the same problems again and again. There is a predominant lack of non-rigid organisational forms in companies, appropriate qualification and above all and especially a lack of management staff and employees who can think in terms of digital business models. Especially in the leading – and thus decisive – positions, there is still an increasing number of people who are not true “digital natives”, but who, in the best case scenario, had to learn everything after the fact.
Digitalisation consulting today is therefore still not to be seen in purely technical terms. It is about implementing ways of thinking and more open structures so that digitisation can not only function at all, but ultimately also unfold its promised potential.
What is digitalisation consulting?
Digitalisation consulting is a consulting service that helps companies revise their business processes, systems and strategies to benefit from the opportunities offered by digital technologies. This process involves identifying weaknesses, introducing digital solutions and training staff to ensure that the new technology is used effectively.
The ostensible benefits of a digitalisation consultancy can be summarised as follows:
- Increasing competitiveness: In a globalised economy, companies need to be flexible and efficient to keep up with their competitors. Digitalisation consulting helps companies to optimise their processes and identify new opportunities for revenue growth.
- Cost reduction: Implementing digital solutions can reduce costs by automating manual processes and optimising the use of resources. This leads to improved profitability.
- Customer experience: Customer expectations have changed dramatically in recent years. Through digitalisation, companies can offer personalised experiences that engage customers and create new business opportunities.
- Data analytics: Data has become a valuable asset. Digitalisation consulting helps companies collect, analyse and transform data into actionable insights to make informed decisions.
- Security: The digital world also poses risks, especially in terms of data protection and cyber security. Digitisation consultants help businesses implement robust security measures to protect their data and systems.
Digitisation consulting - procedure and process
The process of digitalisation consulting can vary depending on the individual needs of a company, but generally includes the following steps:
- Analysis: The consultant conducts a thorough analysis of current business processes and technologies to identify weaknesses and opportunities.
- Strategy development: Based on the analysis, the consultant develops a digitalisation strategy that defines the goals and steps to implement digital solutions.
- Implementation: The strategy is put into action, introducing new technologies and systems. This may include staff training and the integration of software solutions.
- Monitoring and adjustment: After implementation, the consultant monitors progress and adjusts the strategy as needed to ensure that goals are met.
Digitalisation consulting with PeRoBa GmbH Munich
Digitalisation is changing the business world on an unprecedented scale. Companies that are not able to adapt to the new realities risk losing their competitiveness. Digitalisation consulting plays a crucial role in supporting companies in this transformation by helping them to work more efficiently, reduce costs and better adapt to the needs of their customers. At a time when technology is the key to success, the right consultancy can make the difference between success and failure.
Today, digitalisation and quality management must go hand in hand in order to leverage all potential. PeRoBa GmbH Munich is a management consultancy with a focus on quality management and process consulting. With countless projects and years of practical experience in the demanding automotive and mechanical engineering sectors, they know the right tools to plan and implement even complex tasks such as an end-to-end digitisation strategy.
Are you looking for previously untapped potential and synergies? Do you now really want to tackle the topic of digitalisation seriously? Then we can help you lay the foundations for your future entrepreneurial success with our digitisation consulting.
Digitalisation ... with the right advice, you will achieve your goals!
Arrange a non-binding initial consultation via online appointment, or send us a message via the contact form. You are also welcome to contact us by phone.